[be] Bibledit import question

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: [be] Bibledit import question
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:25:50 +1000

Hi again,

Our Balsa course started yesterday. We started the students (MTTs with at least 200 completed verses experience so far) learning on TuxType, which they really enjoyed. Meanwhile we are setting up their work in Bibledit, which they also really like so far.

We four staff worked long hours on getting Scripture translation from Word into BE-gtk. Each of the nine language groups has 10 or more chapters either finished or in process, so mostly they are not complete books. In some cases we have, for example:
    File 1 contains GEN 1-5
    File 2 contains GEN 12-20
    File 3 contains GEN 23-34

The missing chapters have not yet been worked on.

We tried to import these files separately, but after the first import BE says "This book is already in the project." Is there a way to coax BE into accepting partial book files?

A second issue is that once we import a partial book, the untranslated chapters are missing; we would like to have the blank verses in there as a template for future work.

The only two methods we've found to handle these files are
1. Merge the partial files in Word, then import one file into BE (but blank verses are missing) 2. Import into separate projects in BE, then cut-and-paste into the main project. This works but is a bit scary due to the possibility of chapter numbers accidentally out of sequence or doubled.

If there were a way to merge two projects, we could "Add" a blank GEN template, then import one file into a different, temporary project and merge it in; then do the second file, etc.

Does this exist, and I haven't found it?

Many thanks for a good translation tool!
Kim