[be] Re: BE compile error

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] Re: BE compile error
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 12:56:23 +0200

Hi Phil,

> I have been using LinuxMint and been able to use Bibledit successfully
> with it. But find something rather odd:
>

> I have not been able to compile from my previous bibledit directory. I
> can get the newest files by doing
> git reset --hard    and git pull
> But afterwards I get a "No such directory" error message when I try
> to ./configure.
> But when I download the tar.gz from the repository, I am able to
> compile that file.
> Afterwards, however, (if I remember correctly) I was not able to use
> git to get the newest build.
> I am aware that you don't support weird versions of Ubuntu, but Do you
> know why I would be getting the No such directory error?
This is because the structure of the git repository changed.
The Bibledit-Gtk code has been moved one level deeper. The pages
http://sites.google.com/site/bibledit/community/development?pli=1 have
just been updated. Main thing is the extra 'cd gtk':

cd bibledit
git reset --hard
git pull
cd gtk
./configure
make
sudo make install

> If there have been changes since 14 December (and I think there have
> been), can you put them into the nongnu site?
Yes, the changes are all in the git repository.
> How has the programming been going for Bibledit-Web?

It's going on well. It's a lot of work to do it properly. The first
release will be with limited USFM editing capabilities, and
full-featured consultation notes.
Regards,

Teus.