Re: [be] Importing projects, Farsi book title, and backup dictionaries

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Importing projects, Farsi book title, and backup dictionaries
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:15:05 +0200

Hi Pooyan,

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 08:13 +0000, Pooyan Mehrshahi wrote:
> At last, I have been able to compile Bibledit 3.9 on my Ubuntu 9.04.
> However, I have noticed that the option for importing other projects
> under Project-->New or Properties is not available in BE 3.9. Is it
> under some other option? It was available in BE 3.8.

Yes, it is now somewhere else. It was moved. It is under menu File /
Import.

> Also, under Farsi language I have noticed that 2 Timothy is entitled 1
> Timothy!

This is what is in the file:

<english>1 Timothy</english>
<localization>اول تیموتایوس</localization>
<abbreviation>۲ تیمو</abbreviation>

<english>2 Timothy</english>
<localization>اوم تیموتایوس</localization>
<abbreviation>اوم تیمو</abbreviation>

Is there any correction to be made in the above, or is the mistake
somewhere else?

> I was not sure if these are bugs to be reported on the bug-reporting
> website. If they are then I will report it there too.

It would help to report the Farsi one there, so it is not forgotten.

> Another matter is the inbuilt dictionaries. Is it possible to backup
> the dictionaries, in case of any future crash, etc.

This is a valid need. It would be backed up when you make the backup
through menu File / Backup, then to choose a Bible. This would include
the word list. Otherwise it can be done by hand. The file is
~/.bibledit/projects/<project>/data/shared_dictionary.

Regards,

Teus.