Re: [be] reference exchange in Windows

From: Daniel Owens
Subject: Re: [be] reference exchange in Windows
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:42:53 -0500

Teus Benschop wrote:
On Sat, 2009-10-10 at 10:34 -0500, Daniel Owens wrote:
[...] I have a question for those using Bibledit in Windows (for me it is Windows Vista 64-bit): does reference exchange work with Bibletime?

If BibleTime works the same on Windows as it does on Linux, then the
basics for it to work would be there. As far as I now can see in the
code, the DBus stuff has been switched off in Windows.

I assume I need to set up Windows Outpost in Bibledit, but after I locate bwoutpost.exe it requires me to find Wine (which is obviously not installed on a Windows machine), so I can't do anything but cancel.

The Outpost is not needed for BibleTime. And that dialog for setting up
outpost probably needs to be looked in on Windows, since there's no wine
on Windows.

And, wondering out loud, would it be possible to set up reference exchange for Libronix? Has that ever been talked about?

Do you have any contacts at Logos that could be approached for this?

Teus.

I do have a contact, so I will email him and find out who to talk to.

Daniel