Re: [be] Re: merging changes and using remote repository

From: David Gardner
Subject: Re: [be] Re: merging changes and using remote repository
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:26:57 +0300

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 01:57:16PM +0200, Teus Benschop wrote:
> operations. Space was offered on bibledit.org for that purpose. Once
> bibledit supports secure git operations, any public git repository can
> be used. But that is something still to come.

Hi Teus,
 I know it seems odd for a user to correct the programmer, but.. you're not
right there!

We've got several computers colaborating together quite happily, using a
SSH based connection.

Prerequisite is for certificate based logins (no password needed when you
try to "ssh hostname"), and all users having write access to the direcory.

Basicly I went through the GIT repository set up on the server as described
somewhere, but when it came to specifying the remote repo I entered
hostname:/path/to/directory (since the "server" also runs BE I put the
"remote dir" on that machine to be just /path/to/server).

I've not tried it, but someone might like to try
"address@hidden:/path/to/directory"  as a repo address... I think it should
work and it would obviously solve the permissions issue, if all connections
to the repo were as the same userid.

David