[be] Concordance

From: Birch Champeon
Subject: [be] Concordance
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:03:40 -0400

Is anyone else doing a abridged concordance for an NT?

Here's my current very convoluted process:
We have a list of the key NT verses that most people commonly want to look up

1) import the text to Paratext :(
2) run that list as a keyterm/passage list in Paratext - This gives me the references and the translated text of each verse
3) match the references up in a database to get a Bibleworks formatted NT with only the key verses filled in
4) import the Bibleworks format to Bibledit and export as SFM
5) import to Paratext again and run a word inventory - this gives me all the words with their references listed below.sorted by count
6) The translators remove the less useful words and try to reduce the list to about 50 pages

There must be a better way to do this.  Can BE take a list of references and output all the verses? And BE can't output the word inventory list with all the refs listed for each word as far as I know. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Birch