Re: [be] Ubuntu packages created for bibledit-gtk 4.2.67

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] Ubuntu packages created for bibledit-gtk 4.2.67
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:28:30 +0200

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 23:36 -0700, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> If this fix is generally considered important (i.e. not just for Kim!),
> did it trigger a corresponding updated tarball release of bibledit-gtk?
>
> I don't see one later than 4.2 at
>
>   http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/bibledit/source/gtk/
>
> I still need to make time (somehow!) to go back over the "official" 4.2
> packaging (and subsequent changes and info from Teus) to fully meet
> Debian copyright rules, so if there were a suitable 4.2.x source tarball
> including this fix, I'd be comfortable packaging it at that point.  I
> think Teus may be waiting on me to make really really sure we have all
> the copyright stuff sorted before creating a 4.3 tarball?  If so, my
> instinct is that 4.3 (or 4.2.1, or whatever it gets called!) should
> include any important fixes since 4.2, as long as they have been
> reasonably tested.

The source as it is now in the master branch of the git repository looks
okay. The reasons I think that the source is okay are the following:
1. We are using it nearly daily and have not found problems.
2. Several others are using it too, and have not reported problems.
(Yes, there are issues, but these are not because of bugs).

And yes, once you decide that the package meets the Debian copyright
rules, I am ready to make a 4.3 release.

I feel that it is important to have this package in Debian, because once
it is in Debian, it then also goes into all the Debian derived Linux
distributions.

Teus.