Re: [be] Ubuntu packages created for bibledit-gtk 4.2.67

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: Re: [be] Ubuntu packages created for bibledit-gtk 4.2.67
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:36:48 -0700

On 07/08/2011 09:41 AM, Neil Mayhew wrote:

> packages for version 4.2.67 of bibledit-gtk and uploaded them to
> packages.sil.org. This version has an important fix in it ...

Sounds like a good thing to do.

If this fix is generally considered important (i.e. not just for Kim!),
did it trigger a corresponding updated tarball release of bibledit-gtk?

I don't see one later than 4.2 at

  http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/bibledit/source/gtk/

I still need to make time (somehow!) to go back over the "official" 4.2
packaging (and subsequent changes and info from Teus) to fully meet
Debian copyright rules, so if there were a suitable 4.2.x source tarball
including this fix, I'd be comfortable packaging it at that point.  I
think Teus may be waiting on me to make really really sure we have all
the copyright stuff sorted before creating a 4.3 tarball?  If so, my
instinct is that 4.3 (or 4.2.1, or whatever it gets called!) should
include any important fixes since 4.2, as long as they have been
reasonably tested.

Thanks,

Jonathan