[be] [bug #27571] crash when starting BE

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: [be] [bug #27571] crash when starting BE
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:48:51 +0000

Follow-up Comment #10, bug #27571 (project bibledit):

At the moment the domain sockets no longer work in Xiphos. DBus is needed for
both Xiphos and BibleTime, if people want to share references with these too.
Soon the references as produced by a search in Xiphos will be transferred to
Bibledit also, using DBus again.

I have been looking into this problem for a long time. I've been looking into
the crash, but it is not really a crash. It seems to cleanly exit with code 1.
gdb does not see a crash here. A source on the internet says that it occurs
when the following three conditions are met:

The binary uses Gtk+
It uses G threads
It uses Dbus

I believe that the bug is not in Bibledit, but somewhere in the supporting
libraries.

If bibledit is started after rebooting the computer, it consistently exits
with code 1 and no dump file.  Then, after having exited once, any subsequent
bibledit processes run nicely, and never crash on using dbus.

Weird...

Any thoughts?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27571>

  Message sent via/by Savannah