Re: [be] bibledit 3.6-1 packages are in Debian experimental now

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] bibledit 3.6-1 packages are in Debian experimental now
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 07:59:45 +0200

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 22:30 -0700, Jonathan Marsden wrote:
> If I knew you were going to make a 3.7 release in
> the next two or three weeks I might just wait for that, rather than test
> and upload a 3.6-2, and then do it all over again soon thereafter for a
> new 3.7-1 package.  So don't hasten a release just for me, but some idea
> of its likely timing could be useful.

It is not easy to give an idea of how long it would take to fix the bugs
that are currently marked open. This is because it is not known at this
stage how long each bug will take to be fixed. If you would look at how
fast or how slow the current bug list shrinks in size, that might give
you an idea of how long it would take for the next release to come. But
two or three weeks could be the right time it would take. If the
combined list of bugs takes longer than that, then they can no longer be
called "bugs", but rather implementation of new features.

Teus.