Re: [Bayonne-devel] Re: how to test the soundcard module

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Re: how to test the soundcard module
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:30:57 -0400

The next place to look would be attachStart in engine/session.cpp, to see what file/script names it is trying to start...

golfong woo wrote:
Yes, there's some bugs in function ScriptCompiler::compile(const char
*scrname) of ccscript3/compiler.cpp at line 428:

        token = strrchr(buffer, '\\');

Here  just cut the parts of pathname with "\\", while the parts of "/"
is still  remain. So change it to following is ok.
        token = strrchr(buffer, '\\');
        token = strrchr(buffer, '/');

But it seem has nothing to do with the problem of "start failed" .
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GNU Telephony\Runtime>server
starting 0.3.1 on x86 w32; timeslots=32
soundcard/0: session starting
soundcard/0: state=initial, event=100, seq=0
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=100, seq=0
binding ivrscript...
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne IVRScript1
soundcard msgport starting
compiled test; 4 steps
compiled test; 4 steps
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne Scripts
2 applications compiled
driver(s) started; 1 timeslot(s) used
tcpmon service started
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=105, seq=1
soundcard/0: start failed

在 05-10-19,David Sugar<address@hidden> 写道:

We do a transform of the path because the server does a chdir.  But I
think I see
the real problem:

compiled Bayonne IVRScript1/test; 3 steps

That should have been "compiled test; x steps"

This means somewhere at least part of the pathname is getting into the
script
name.  Hence, Bayonne internally has compiled this under "Bayonne
IVRScript1/test"
rather than "test", and this is probably why start fails; it is probably
using and
looking for "test".  This may even be a bug in ccscript, or a confusion
somewhere
as a result of perhaps \\ and / both being used as path separators as it
processes the pathname internally, and it only pealed off the path for
the \\ part.
At least that is the sort of problem I suspect and I would look for.

golfong woo wrote:

When execute it as: "server.exe -vvvv test.scr"
it's output:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\GNU Telephony\Runtime>server -vvvv test.scr
bayonne: test.scr: cannot access
starting 0.3.1 on x86 w32; timeslots=32
soundcard/0: session starting
soundcard/0: state=initial, event=100, seq=0
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=100, seq=0
binding ivrscript...
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne IVRScript1
soundcard msgport starting
test.scr(1): : unknown keyword
compiled Bayonne IVRScript1/test; 3 steps
test.scr(1): : unknown keyword
compiled Bayonne IVRScript1/test; 3 steps
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne Scripts
2 applications compiled
driver(s) started; 1 timeslot(s) used
tcpmon service started
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=105, seq=1
soundcard/0: start failed

It indicate "bayonne: test.scr: cannot access". When debug into
function parseConfig(char **argv) in config.cpp at line 782, here is
the code:
if(!prefix)
     {
     getcwd(path, sizeof(path));
     addString(path, sizeof(path), "/");
     addString(path, sizeof(path), *argv);
     prefix = path;
   }
prefix has the value as "C:\Program Files\Common Files\GNU
Telephony\Runtime/test.scr",
while the test.scr is in the directory of "C:\Program Files\GNU
Telephony\Bayonne IVRScript1".

在 05-10-19,David Sugar<address@hidden> 写道:

Let's see on posix:

soundcard/0: state=idle, event=100, seq=0
soundcard msgport starting
binding ivrscript...
compiled ring; 4 steps
compiler scanning /usr/local/share/bayonne/ivrscript1
1 applications compiled
driver(s) started; 1 timeslot(s) used
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=105, seq=1
soundcard/0: state=pickup, event=100, seq=1
soundcard/0: state=pickup, event=400, seq=2
soundcard/0: state=run, event=100, seq=2
HELLO
soundcard/0: state=hangup, event=100, seq=2
soundcard/0: state=hangup, event=400, seq=3
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=100, seq=3

You had a "start failed"...

This could be because you did not directly execute the script
(bayonne2.exe -vvvv test.scr)
and did not have an "assign" in your script.  It could also be a bug in
the way the
win32 parses and transcribes filenames for filenames passed to the
server.  I
would need to know which start method you used, whether you passed the
script name or not.

The "start failed" is ultimately from atttachStart(), and can be found
in engine/states.cpp
at 1390.  The "attachStart" is in session.cpp, and uses several methods
to locate a
script to run if none is passed, including scripts assigned through the
assign command.
You might try "assign.timeslot 1" in your script.

I also found the unknown keyword/3 steps compiled strange.  I did get 4
when I cut and pasted your example.

Actually I did not intend to "officially" distribute the 1.0 release for
windows,
simply because there was some issues (such as running as NT service) left
incomplete and inadquately tested, so I did not feel that met the
criteria for
"stable".  There should be nothing broken over the previous 0.x
releases, though.
With a little work by someone that knows w32 well, I do think it should
be possible to
make the current Bayonne release acceptably stable for w32 as well.

Yes, you needed the cape-1.3.20 because the version of ccscript3 was
upleveled
to 1.0.0, and that had a few changes that were not backward compatible.

address@hidden wrote:

hi, all
    according to the comment, i have installed cape-1.3.20.exe, then compiled
bayonne2-1.0.0 with soundcard successfully. when the "space" key of keyboard is
down,
bayonne cannot process this event correctly.

starting 0.3.1 on x86 w32; timeslots=32
soundcard/0: session starting
soundcard/0: state=initial, event=100, seq=0
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=100, seq=0
binding ivrscript...
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne IVRScript1
test.scr(1): : unknown keyword
compiled Bayonne IVRScript1/test; 3 steps
compiler scanning C:\Program Files\GNU Telephony\Bayonne Scripts
1 applications compiled
driver(s) started; 1 timeslot(s) used
soundcard msgport starting
tcpmon service started
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=105, seq=1
soundcard/0: start failed
soundcard/0: state=idle, event=407, seq=2
soundcard/0: state=ringing, event=100, seq=2
soundcard/0: state=ringing, event=408, seq=3

following is the test.scr
    echo "HELLO"
    exit
^1