Re: [Bayonne-devel] problems with loopable script

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] problems with loopable script
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:49:35 -0400

I think if you have loops, and use pop in your ^xxx handlers, you should be okay. Automatic stack management changed bayonne scripting behavior in other ways, and so I did not wish to bring it (or anything else that changes existing application behavior) into the 1.x release series unless it was absolutely necessary to do so.

That being said, I think we need to review and come up with a new list of open issues in 1.2 which still need to be addressed. I am only immediately aware of a few, but I would like a more comprehensive list. Other things which should be reviewed are questions like would it make sense to backport the SIP driver to 1.2.

Having regular releases for Bayonne 2 this early was done to avoid the other mistake of the testing branch, by creating more pressure to correct bugs and make it actually functional for use in deployed configurations. These things never happened for the testing branch because it never was in a regular release cycle, so all the oddities remained because they never actually "had" to be fixed.

Julien Chavanton wrote:
Hi David,

I did not have problem with loop yet, I must be really lucky, not sure why.

Although you are planning to push Bayonne2 maybe we can try to correct the few
last problems of Bayonne1.

To support all the active installations and to be able to move to Bayonne2
smoothly.

Anything to say regarding this problem with loop?

Julien