RE: [Bayonne-devel] GlobalCall fix found

From: Gilmore, Gerry
Subject: RE: [Bayonne-devel] GlobalCall fix found
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:28:30 -0800

There is a technote (which I can't find right now) that describes the
procedure of doing back-to-back testing. The easy version is this:

For each pair of T1/E1s to be tested, build a cross-over cable, pinned
like this

1 ------ 4
2 ------ 5
4 ------ 1
5 ------ 2

Then, you need to configure the spans. For our purposes, we'll use ISDN.
Setup one span as the usual ctr4/Euro-ISDN protocol (for you guys across
the pond :-) or 4ess for North America. Setup the other span to use ne1
(or nt1 in North America) protocol. You should also configure the
ne1/nt1 span to furnish the clocking by setting it's
SCBusClockMasterSource to be OSC.

Once this is done, you should be able to have an inbound app on one side
and an outbound app on the other end and - voila - you're off.

I setup this exact system at our first public Linux demo and the system
ran for 3 days solid, handling well over 1 million calls in each
direction over 1 span. (Each call was very, very short.... :-)

Gerry

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary
and those who don't.

Gerry Gilmore
Field Applications Engineer
Intel Corporation