Re: [Bayonne-devel] Debian and dialogic

From: Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject: Re: [Bayonne-devel] Debian and dialogic
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:30:32 +0100

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:34:35AM -0600, Tim Langlois wrote:
> Our company is beginning to have issues with installing Redhat 7.3 on
> some of the newer hardware (motherboards, scsi controllers), not to
> mention security patches for older redhats.  I found earlier posts that
> imply that some of you have managed to get the dialogic cards and the
> 5.1 drivers and bayonne working with Debian 3.0.  If so, has anyone
> produced a stable production system with this configuration?  Is there a
> How To document out there?  We are considering dumping 7.3 and going
> with Debian, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  We typically use
> the Dialogic D/4PCI cards in our systems.

A while ago I got dialogic to work on Debian. The trick was that I
needed to setup redhat in a chroot environment and use the compiler
there. For some reason the compiler in Debian just resulted in the
code segfaulting. Amazingly, once it's compiled in the Redhat chroot,
you can just run it under Debian no hassles.

Don't ask me how to set it up though, it's over two years ago and I
havn't touched it since :) Just a hint though to get you started.

Hope this helps,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <address@hidden>   http://svana.org/kleptog/