[Bayonne-devel] Bayonne + VOCAL

From: Java Rockx
Subject: [Bayonne-devel] Bayonne + VOCAL
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:27:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All.

I'm a complete newbie with Bayonne and I'm reading through the documentation
and have two simple questions.

Q: Can I use Bayonne as an IVR voice mail system for VOCAL (a SIP platform)?
I'm confident that the answer to this is YES.

Q: Can I use Bayonne **without** any telephony boards? I only need the
IVR/voice mail features. Since I'm doing SIP only calls, I don't need a
telephony board since that is all handled by VOCAL. So I'm trying to see if a
SIP user agent can be redirected to the Bayonne server for voice mail
functionality. Right now when I start Bayonne up it complains about "no trunk
ports activated" which is correct, since I don't have any trunks or telephony
boards for that matter.

Q: How many users can a Bayonne system typically handle? Can it be implemented
as a fully redundant system for thousands or tens of thousands of voice
mailboxs?

Q: Finally, has anyone ever used Bayonne as a voice mail feature server for
VOCAL?

I have been using Asterisk PBX but am unhappy with it so I'm now looking for
alternatives. Any and all feedback would be really helpfull.

Best Regards,
Paul