[Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: iterators and cartesian product.
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:03:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Bill Page wrote:

| As I said, I want
|
|   Product(1..9,1..4)
|
| to be a domain - the cross-product of two other domains.

I do not think

    I want 1..9 to be a domain so that I can write
    Product(1..9, 1..4) to be a cross product of two domains

is an explanation of why `1..9' should be a domain.  I would like a
mathematical meaning so that I would not have to tell students

  `1..9' is a domain because Bill Page wanted to write Product(1..9, 1..4)
   as a Catersian product of two domains.

That is why I'm after the semantics.

-- Gaby