[Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-math] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: [open-axiom-devel] [fricas-devel] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: iterators and cartesian product.
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:42:14 -0400

On 10/31/07, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Bill Page wrote:
> | It might even be interesting to consider implementing
> | something akin to monads in Aldor/SPAD,
>
> There already existe a domain called Monad in the Axiom family --
> it is a well mathematically defined notion.

Perhaps I am being dense but I do not see what this has to do with the
concept of Monad in Haskell. Could you please explain?

++  Monad is the class of all multiplicative monads, i.e. sets
++  with a binary operation.

)show Monad
 Monad  is a category constructor
 Abbreviation for Monad is MONAD
 This constructor is exposed in this frame.
 Issue )edit
/usr/local/lib/axiom/target/i686-suse-linux/../../src/algebra/MONAD.spad
to see algebra source code for MONAD