[Axiom-math] multivariate resultants

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-math] multivariate resultants
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 18:03:36 +0000

Dear all,

is there anybody out there interested in implementing multivariate resultants?
Ioannis Emiris has good algorithms, implemented in C and maple ("multires"). He
also pointed me to an algorithm by A. Khetan, which would actually be the one
best suited for my needs, it works however only for three polynomials and may
be thus of less interest to the Axiom project. I'd need such a thing for my
guessing package... :-)

However, I'm lacking time and expertise, so maybe somebody could help me
out. Axiom would certainly benefit a great deal!

I can give pointers to the apropriate papers, implementations, and the like.

Martin

PS: a different, maybe easier route would be to call his C code from within
axiom, but I have no idea how to do this. Ioannis Emeris provided such code for
maple.