Re: [bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [bug #61624] [Feature request] Serial/UART UPDI programmers
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:28:07 +0100

As Dawid Buchwald wrote:

> There is, however, one more thing that mcudude mentioned - at the
> end of programming AVRDUDE would list values of lfuse/hfuse/efuse in
> its goodbye message. It is pretty irrelevant to the modern chips,
> since they don’t really have any of these, they just have array of
> numbered fuses, so the message is confusing.

Mind you: we'll just call the next version 7.0 then, and drop that
feature in it, since it's (in some way) incompatible with its
predecessors then. It's also a good move for the new features, and we
can easily maintain a 6.x branch if anything serious would pop up in
6.4, so to possibly roll another bugfix update when needed.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/