Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 07:23:20 -0600

I will bet you that when you run cygcheck over the avrdude.exe executable
you'll see that's it's not linked to the Cygwin DLL (cygwin1.dll). So that's
great for you, as long as you don't redistribute it. Because then you can run
into DLL hell.

But if you build this in MinGW, then there's no Cygwin DLL involved, and it
makes it easier to redistribute the executable (i.e. share your program with
others).

But congratulations on getting it built! :-)

Eric Weddington