Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:58:35 +0200

As Jason Hecker wrote:

> make[2]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/temp/av/avrdude/windows'
> .deps/loaddrv.Po:1: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

This looks like the .deps/ file(s) contain(s) target(s) like

C:\\foo\bar.o:
C:\\foo\mumble.o:

or something like that.  I think MinGW's make can handle this,
correctly taking the entire string as the target, while Cygwin's
(Unix-style) make thinks the target were just "C", and thus complains.
(The same would happen if you tried compiling that entire tree under
a Unix-style OS.)

Either use MinGW's make, or try deleting the entire .deps subdirectory
first.  If Cygwin's make rebuilds the .deps files, it will use the
Cygwin-style notation of /cygdrive/c/foo/bar.o etc.

Complain to Microsoft for still using CP/M-style "drive" names. ;-)