[avrdude-dev] [patch #7559] 'arduino' programmer type DTR transition fix

From: Robert Spitzenpfeil
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7559] 'arduino' programmer type DTR transition fix
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:45:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #14, patch #7559 (project avrdude):

Hmmm. Not on my system.

>From my point of view it looks like that patch #7100 is just wrong. It makes
the auto-reset functional, but that's about it.

When I use that patch and have a look at DTR with my logic analyzer, the
signal is inverted. (FTDI adapter).

I've attached some code that you can play with. Even the ioctl() that reads
back the status of DTR shows that it is set LOW after having written a '1' to
the bit, and set HIGH after having written a '0' to the bit.

Maybe the bug is somewhere deeper in the food chain.

I think that when you call ser_set_dtr_rts(1) the DTR line should actually be
set HIGH. With your patch that is not the case on my machine.

(file #23669)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: test_dtr.c                     Size:0 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7559>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/