Re: [avrdude-dev] support for avr32

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] support for avr32
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:58:33 +0200

On Freitag 19 Oktober 2007, Eric Weddington wrote:

> AVR Studio is only for the 8-bit AVR processors.
>
> The entire AVR32 toolchain, including programming tools, is available for
> Linux, and AFAIK is available on the Atmel website.
>
> There should be no need to add support for the AVR32 in avrdude.

i was referring to avr32studio ofcourse, and yes it's indeed available for
linux. (infact, it doesn't work on my system either, but i could work around
that by installing the extensions in a clean eclipse). however, the
avr32program utility is a 32bit binary, which doesn't work in a 64bit
environment, and making it work in 32bit emulation mode is kinda hard with a
non statically linked binary. (and with support in avrdude i could even use
my laptop, which isn't even intel based).

--
http://ami.ga/
http://c64upgra.de/