[avrdude-dev] Support for at-isp v1.1?

From: Brammeleman
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Support for at-isp v1.1?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:35:34 +0200

Hi,

Recently I bought a atmega8 development board from futurlec/mrt. This
board has it's own, yet another idea how the isp connector and
(parallel) programming cable (labeled AT-ISP V1.1) looks like. There's
also a windows software supplied to program the uC.

All signal lines between the isp connector and atmega8 (reset, sck,
mosi, miso) are inverted with a 74ls04.
Since all IC components are installed in a socket, I was able to
bypass the inverters, by inserting wires in the ic socket of the
74ls04 (creating a pin compatible 'passive non-inverting device' ;-)).

With the following added to /etc/avrdude.conf, I was able to program
the atmega8:

programmer
  id    = "atisp";
  desc  = "AT-ISP V1.1 programming cable for AVR-SDK1 from
micro-research.co.th";
  type  = par;
  reset = 6;
  sck   = 8;
  mosi  = 7;
  miso  = 10;
;

My questions are:
- Is anyone using this board successfully with avrdude?
- Would it be possible let avrdude invert the programming signals, so
that a board like this would be directly supported?
The avrdude.conf file might then, for example look like:

programmer
  id    = "atisp";
  desc  = "AT-ISP V1.1 programming cable for AVR-SDK1 from
micro-research.co.th";
  type  = par;
  reset = _6;
  sck   = _8;
  mosi  = _7;
  miso  = _10;
;

Using some character (_) to invert a pin.

Thanks,

Bram