Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny2313 and pony-stk200 problems?

From: Galen Seitz
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATtiny2313 and pony-stk200 problems?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:46:34 -0700

Bob Paddock <address@hidden> wrote:

> When reading the signature byte I usually get
> odd signatures like this:
>
> 0x1e7f22
> 0x003d00
> 0x000102 (the most common, Atmel indicates this means the
>            device has been secured; it has not)

I have no experience with the 2313 or pong-stk200, but I had a similiar
problem with the mega48 and the stk500.  I could not read the signature
bytes reliably.  It turned out that the SPI clock being used by the
stk500 was higher than allowed by the default clock configuration of the
mega48.  I ended up patching avrdude to allow the stk500 spi clock to be
set to a lower speed.

galen