Re: [avrdude-dev] about dude

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] about dude
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:37:03 -0400

Hi Pentti,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 11:15:19AM +0300, Pentti Vahtera wrote:

> But I want to use avr-dude with Pony SI Prog I/O-cable.  Is it
> possible to use dude in such a way, and if yes, how I can configure
> it? Or where I can find a hints (help) to do so?  I would be very
> glad, if someone will help me.

I'm not familiar with that cable - would that, by chance, be a cable
that connects to the serial port and programming commands issued via
the flow control lines?  If so, then avrdude cannot currently work
with it.

If the cable is not a serial port cable, then there is a chance it
might work easily.  If you could provide a little information on it,
schematic, pin-out, etc, then we can try and help you.  It wouldn't
happen to be the "pony-stk200" cable in the avrdude config file would
it?

-Brian