Re: [avrdude-dev] Butterfly (was: Before a release...)

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Butterfly (was: Before a release...)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:09:33 +0100

On Sunday 30 November 2003 00:02, Brian Dean wrote:

> > > This would be a nice thing to do. It would simplify both,
> > > avr910.c and butterfly.c.
> >
> > Has anyone else an opinion on this?
>
> Sorry for not responding sooner - I've been away for a few days.
>
> Are you asking about the proposal to implement some kind of
> 'subtype' field or the behaviour of unimplemented non-critical
> programmer functions?

[subtype vs. new programmer]

We have already agreed on a new programmer ;-)
Would you or someone else please check the new diff and apply it. I
have no idea how this "config_gram.y"-stuff works ;-(

I would like to have it in, before my "avrdude.c"-patch, because there
could be a conflict in updating "Makefile.am"

> Regarding the default behaviour of non-critical functions like LED
> setting - I'm all for making these be optional and perhaps
> initialized to a default function that does nothing.

Sorry for not beeing clear enough. Actually, I was talking about the
non-critical functions.

I think we have just to change the return from pgm_default_1() in
"pgm.c" to "0" and drop the call of pgm_default().  No big problem
here ;-)

/Jan-Hinnerk