Re: [avrdude-dev] Butterfly (was: Before a release...)

From: Michael Mayer
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Butterfly (was: Before a release...)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:32:19 +0100

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 00:30:47 +0100, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:
> I tried the patch from the patch manager and it does not apply
> cleanly. Perhaps you should make a reduced version that only contains
> the changes to avr910.c and avrdude.conf.in

The patch from the patchmanager should be applied to the clean 4.2.0
sources. Maybe you used the CVS sources? With this mail I resend a stripped
down patch for the newest CVS sources.

> Nevertheless, the modified avr910.c looks good at first glance. I
> volunteer for testing the new code on a avr910 (haven't got a
> butterfly), if you could send a working patch.

Yes, thank you.

> I'm also thinking about implementing the protocol enhancements on my
> AVR910. Is there any (more or less official) documentation available?

No, I didn't find a detailed specification anywhere, I had to investigate
the sourcecode [1] of the bootloader in order to find the differences. Maybe
I will find the time to write a short readme for this.

  Michael

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/AVR_Butterfly_bootloader_rev02.zip