[avrdude-dev] Part definition,

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Part definition,
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:27:33 -0000

Hi I'm working on a part definition for the mega32 processor.

I would like to know how the readback values are found.
On the Mega 128 (Which I also use)

The values for eeprom are:
        readback_p1     = 0xff;
        readback_p2     = 0xff;

and for flash are:
        readback_p1     = 0xff;
        readback_p2     = 0x00;

In the datasheets for both the mega 128 and 32 the information states that
polling any memory location will return 0xff until it is programed (and not
to use a location you are setting to 0xff.)

Advice on this will be appreciated.  I'll be testing it tomorrow (Wed) on my
mega32 board, if all seems to be fine I'll post the config file for
approval.

Dan.