[avrdude-dev] avrdude hangs on programming

From: Sander Pool
Subject: [avrdude-dev] avrdude hangs on programming
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:12:18 -0800

Hi all,

no sooner have I sent Brian a thank you note for avrdude (he reminded me
several of you were major contributors) and I run into the first problem.

I successfully programmed my mega128 from both the command line and my
makefile. I call make from within SlickEdit, this worked fine as well. Then
it hung, no output whatsoever. Now SlickEdit is dead in the water as well,
waiting for that process to finish. After killing SlickEdit and avrdude COM1
became available again. Unfortunately avrdude now hangs every time I call it
but the STK500 programmer works fine now.

Any ideas?

        Sander