Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude hangs on programming

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude hangs on programming
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:35:17 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Sander Pool wrote:

:)
:)Hi all,
:)
:)no sooner have I sent Brian a thank you note for avrdude (he reminded me
:)several of you were major contributors) and I run into the first problem.
:)
:)I successfully programmed my mega128 from both the command line and my
:)makefile. I call make from within SlickEdit, this worked fine as well. Then
:)it hung, no output whatsoever. Now SlickEdit is dead in the water as well,
:)waiting for that process to finish. After killing SlickEdit and avrdude COM1
:)became available again. Unfortunately avrdude now hangs every time I call it
:)but the STK500 programmer works fine now.
:)
:)Any ideas?

We'll need more info. Can you run it with "-v -v -v -v" and post the output?

Ted