[avrdude-dev] Minor addition to avrdude config file

From: Larry Barello
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Minor addition to avrdude config file
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:48:08 -0800

I agree that "SAMPLE" is generic and confusing, but that is the name
of the Korean company that provided the programmer used in BASCOM
basic compiler... and it is how it is referred to within the BASCOM
product.  e.g SAMPLE vs STK500 vs STK200/300

I don't have any beef with calling it "BASCOM" and making the
descriptive text read "Bascom SAMPLE programmer cable".  Whatever
works.  My only interest is that people who purchased my starter kit
(www.barello.net/ARC) have a low cognitive hurdle to jump to be able
to download code from their GCC/makefile using the programming cable
used by Bascom.  Well, I suppose if they can figure out a makefile,
they can also figure out how to use "dt006" or "bascom" or write their
own configuration script :)

On 17 Mar 2003 at 9:25, Larry Barello wrote:

> Here is the name & text that I used...
>
> "SAMPLE"
> "Bascom SAMPLE programing cable"
>
> That is the name used in the Bascom compiler (that is where Don
> Tronics got their "dt006" programming cable from)  Sample is some
> korean company..  Who knows.

Hmmm. "SAMPLE" is kinda a generic name.... I'd rather stick with a
slightly more descriptive name of "bascom".

> As long as I am avoiding sending mail directly to the Avrdude
mailing
> list...
>
> It would be really swell if the command line options were changed a
> tad to be more like the STK500.  In particular, the ability to
specify
> FLASH, EEROM and FUSE bits and have a single command zap all areas.
> This is pretty low priority since setting up two or three sections
in
> the makefile is trivial.
>
> The current command line arguments don't lend themselves to this.  I
> don't have a specific suggestion.  Perhaps the -m and -i commands
can
> be followed by a comma seperated list of types & files and it is up
> the user to keep them in the correct order...  Or, perhaps the
options
> can be specified multiple times...

Ok ok. Here's the address :-):
address@hidden

Would you mind resending the suggestions there? That way I don't have
to keep being a go-between. :-)

Eric