Re: [avrdude-dev] release status

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] release status
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:44:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Brian Dean wrote:

:) I see the files there - will they show up under the "Files" link from
:) the main page at some point, maybe a cron job copies from the download
:) area to the files area periodically?

They are the same area. I just didn't use the "standard" dir
structure and the "Use File Release" mode is on (it's not on my other
projects). Ok, should be as expected now. Had to move the tarballs
from "releases/" to "stable.pkg/4.0.0/".

:) I wouldn't have expected that, but looking at the actual differences,
:) it appears that the generated lexer.c and config_gram.c files are
:) different, probably due to us using different versions of
:) lex/yacc/bison.

Yeah, that would acount for the difference.

:)
:) > If there are any problems, let me know.
:)
:) Looks like your distfile works fine on FreeBSD.  No problems here.

Good.

:)
:) > Brian, looks like its time for you to make an announcement...
:)
:) I'll submit a little blurb to the 'News' section shortly.
:)
:) Anything special you want mentioned for the Linux port?  How about the
:) Windows port, Eric - anything special to mention for that?
:)
:) Thanks to everyone (Ted, Eric, and Joerg) for taking your own time and
:) effort and porting this program to Linux and Windows, adding the
:) autoconf code (I didn't realize there was so much work involved in
:) that, but now I do), adding the additional Atmel parts to the config
:) file, and the fixing of a few bugs.  And thanks to Alexey V.Levdikov
:) for submitting Motorola S-Record support too!

Yer welcome.

Ted