Re: [avrdude-dev] release status

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] release status
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:10:33 -0500

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:12:42PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I think everyone has gotten a 'make distcheck' to pass now. Let's tag
> it.
>
> I just checked out a clean sandbox and got a pass on distcheck.
>
> I have tagged it with FBSDPORTS_V4_0_0 and release_4_0_0.

Excellent!

> The tarballs are here:
>
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/avrdude/releases/

I see the files there - will they show up under the "Files" link from
the main page at some point, maybe a cron job copies from the download
area to the files area periodically?

I note that the distfile that I built on my system does not exactly
match the distfile that you uploaded.  I wonder why that is?  The
sizes are slightely different:

-rw-r--r--  1 bsd  user  322322 Mar 12 16:06 avrdude-4.0.0.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 bsd  user  322218 Mar 12 17:43 avrdude-4.0.0.tar.gz.mine

I wouldn't have expected that, but looking at the actual differences,
it appears that the generated lexer.c and config_gram.c files are
different, probably due to us using different versions of
lex/yacc/bison.

> If there are any problems, let me know.

Looks like your distfile works fine on FreeBSD.  No problems here.

> Brian, looks like its time for you to make an announcement...

I'll submit a little blurb to the 'News' section shortly.

Anything special you want mentioned for the Linux port?  How about the
Windows port, Eric - anything special to mention for that?

Thanks to everyone (Ted, Eric, and Joerg) for taking your own time and
effort and porting this program to Linux and Windows, adding the
autoconf code (I didn't realize there was so much work involved in
that, but now I do), adding the additional Atmel parts to the config
file, and the fixing of a few bugs.  And thanks to Alexey V.Levdikov
for submitting Motorola S-Record support too!

Cheers,
-Brian
--
Brian Dean