Re: [avrdude-dev] Batch file Query?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Batch file Query?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:17:35 +0100

As Daniel Williamson wrote:

> The batch file contains this code.
> avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -o temp.hex

(Better name that file "temp.bin". ;-)  That's what it actually
is.)

> avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -e
> avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -i 5003.hex
> avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -i temp.hex

Works for me under FreeBSD.  So someone with Windows needs to
run this through the debugger, i'm afraid.

Btw. for the ATmega128, you don't need this complicated method.  Just
set the EESAVE fuse bit (bit 3 in the high fuse byte), and the EEPROM
contents will survive a chip erase.