[avrdude-dev] Batch file Query?

From: Daniel Williamson
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Batch file Query?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:12:00 -0000

Eric asked me to post this to the group (Since I sent it to him first time)

Just so you know I'm using windows 2000 pro on my athlon machine here.
and I'm running avrdude 3.1.0 as sent to me by E. Weddington (Windows
version) with the conf file with the pony prog device added to it.

I've also included the dump file.

I've set up a batch file which reads the eeprom to a temporary file, erases
the chip then flashes it and writes back the eeprom.

However if I write the flash before the eeprom I get an error:

The batch file contains this code.
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -o temp.hex
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -e
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -i 5003.hex
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -i temp.hex

And comes up with:

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions
avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9702
avrdude: reading input file "temp.hex"
      8 [main] avrdude 1280 handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIO
  24659 [main] avrdude 1280 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
avrdude.e
xe.stackdump
bye

However if I change the batch file to write the eeprom first it works fine,

avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -o temp.hex
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -e
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m eeprom -i temp.hex
avrdude -p m128 -P lpt1 -c pony -m flash -i 5003.hex

Any ideas?  It is repeatable on my system here.

Dan.