[avr-libc-dev] Introduction

From: Michael Rice
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Introduction
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:13:43 -0400

I am new here, so I want to send my greetings to all and introduce myself.

My legal name is Michael Duane Rice, but my friends call me Mike.

I won't say here what my enemies call me (is this microphone open?)

I currently live in 'Fabulous' Tropical Gulf Acres', just north of Fort Myers Florida.

I have been involved in electronics my entire life, and began my career with industrial control systems in the late 70s. After 18 years of that, I became involved with education, but I kind of missed the automation world, so I launched a business doing automation for domestic, small business and small agricultural concerns.

As part of that, my projects are very often concerned with time. For example, in most of Florida (and many parts of the world), it is legal to water your lawn only on certain days, and between certain hours.

I started out using the architectures most familiar to me, X86 and M68K, but rubbed elbows with some who were using AVR, and I became hooked. However, the lack of any sort of standard time library has been a continual source of aggravation for me.

So now I have joined the team, and hope, with your help and advice, to add a standards 'compliant' time library to avr-libc.

Looking forward to working with you all!