Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7830] avr-libc headers are very outdated

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [patch #7830] avr-libc headers are very outdated
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:51:19 +0200

On 14/08/2012 16:43, Weddington, Eric wrote:

-----Original Message----- From: John Voltz
[mailto:address@hidden Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 8:38
AM To: Weddington, Eric Cc: address@hidden Subject: Re:
[patch #7830] avr-libc headers are very outdated

Eric,

I have also submitted a bug report to Atmel. I'm hoping to get the
toolchain patches included with Atmel Studio 6 in sync with the
upstream.

Again, it's being worked on, but there may be a number of formatting
issues that have to be ironed out.

I'm trying to use Studio 6 more, but we have a Linux
build/programming system here that will not accept the A4U as a
valid target for these reasons.

There are builds of the command-line tools for Linux (and Windows) on Atmel's website - as far as I know, these are kept current with AVR Studio. (I'm sure Erik will correct me if I'm wrong there.) While that's not quite the same as getting the upstream versions in sync, you can at least synchronise your build system.

mvh.,

David

I completely understand. We want to make sure that the work that has
been done is in the upstream projects to make sure that users on
other platforms are supported.

Eric Weddington