Re: [avr-libc-dev] iousbxx6_7.h ? interrupt vectors misnumbered?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] iousbxx6_7.h ? interrupt vectors misnumbered?
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:17:27 +0100

As Julian Bleecker wrote:

> For my education (being a newbie and learning a lot, but not
> everything..) ? if I set up an interrupt handler that goes by the
> name USB_GEN_vect, won't it catch _VECTOR(11) interrupts?

It will be translated into the name __vector_10 that is used by the
librarie's startup code.

> In other words, I'm wondering how the numbering can be off between
> the avr-libc and Atmel code?

It's the startup code that installs the vectors, not the
datasheet. :-)

> I'm missing the linkage between what the Atmel datsheet says and
> what the avr-libc code says.

It's in a file called gcrt1.S.  The related part looks like:

__vectors:
        XJMP    __init
        vector  __vector_1
        vector  __vector_2
        vector  __vector_3

So the reset entry is effectively entry #0 (though it's got a
different name), followed by __vector_1 for the first real interrupt
vector.