Re: [avr-libc-dev] iousbxx6_7.h ? interrupt vectors misnumbered?

From: Julian Bleecker
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] iousbxx6_7.h ? interrupt vectors misnumbered?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 21:51:27 -0800

Okay, thanks!

For my education (being a newbie and learning a lot, but not
everything..) — if I set up an interrupt handler that goes by the name
USB_GEN_vect, won't it catch _VECTOR(11) interrupts? In other words,
I'm wondering how the numbering can be off between the avr-libc and
Atmel code? I'm missing the linkage between what the Atmel datsheet
says and what the avr-libc code says. If the interrupt vector numbers
are off, won't the wrong interrupt handlers be catching the wrong
vectors?

Julian

On 10/29/06, Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
As Julian Bleecker wrote:

> I am attempting to port some krufty IAR code to GCC for the
> AT90USB1287.

Pester Atmel about it.  They've got GCC code as well.

> Looking further, I think the vectors in iousbxx6_7.h are all off by
> one, ...

The avr-libc and the Atmel numbering are in general off by one.  We
start numbering with 0 for the reset vector (though there's no
interrupt vector name for that), while the Atmel datasheet numbers
reset to be 1.  Just don't worry about it.

Julian Bleecker, Ph.D.
http://research.techkwondo.com