[avr-libc-dev] Re: vargs and ... doesn't work?

From: Joerg Desch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: vargs and ... doesn't work?
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:07:41 +0200

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 05:53:51 +0200
Björn Haase <address@hidden> wrote:

> The most recent versions carry the suffix "_6". The header files for
> 256x should rather be taken from Anatoly's (aesok) post than from my the
> _5 patch:

Thanks for your new patches.

> > mega_256x_binutils_5.patch.txt
> There should no longer be any need for patching binutils. It's already
> commited to mainline cvs.

ok. Thanks again.

> For your printf tests, did you use the pmem variant or the ram variant?
> It might be that the register responsible for the high byte of the
> address (RAMPZ ?) for lpm instructions does not contain the correct
> value.?

I've build the binutils snapshot 060603, the gcc 060603 with your patch6
and avr-libc with patch6 this morning. It works now. Both printf
(avr-libc) and rprintf (avr-lib) works like expected. I've used the pmem
and the ram variants. No more problems. For now ;-)

> Unfortunately I am extremely busy right now, so that I cannot spend time
> on testing.

The generated code seems to be ok. The installation of the patched
avr-libc doesn't install the new headers. Shouldn't you add them at
avr_HEADERS in include/avr/Makefile.am?

The headers from Anatoly's post use FLASHEND 0x1FFFF (as for the
Mega1280). For the Mega2560 it shouldn't it be 0x3FFFF?

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>