Re: [avr-libc-dev] vargs and ... doesn't work?

From: Björn Haase
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] vargs and ... doesn't work?
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:05:55 +0200

Eric Weddington wrote on Freitag, 2. Juni 2006 18:36 :
> Joerg Desch wrote:
> > I couldn't debug the code, because avr-objcopy can't generate the coff
> > file for AVR Studio.
>
> There is a separate patch to binutils for the ELF->COFF converstion.
> This patch is deprecated. AVR Studio has knowledge of the ELF file
> format with DWARF2 debugging information.
The only problem is, that 1.) gcc-4.2.x does not compile with dwarf2 right now
due to lacking support for frame offset generation and 2.) avr6 is available
only for 4.2.x at the moment :-(.

BTW. It is obvious that there was a problem with vargs with patch _5. I had
made a very silly mistake in the gcc patch.

Bjoern.