Re: [avr-libc-dev] vargs and ... doesn't work?

From: Björn Haase
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] vargs and ... doesn't work?
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 05:53:51 +0200

Joerg Desch wrote on Freitag, 2. Juni 2006 13:35 :
> First of all I want to say thanks to Björn Haase for his 256x patches.
>
> I've built the avr toolchain today. I'm using Ubuntu Warty (nearly the
> same as debian sarge) as host system. The toolchain is built with gcc
> 3.3.4 (default of warty).
>
> The patches I used are:
> mega_256x_avrlibc_5.patch.txt
The most recent versions carry the suffix "_6". The header files for 256x
should rather be taken from Anatoly's (aesok) post than from my the _5 patch:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=4461

Additionally, I found one issue in libm where some error return function pops
2 bytes in order to simulate the effect of one "ret". (Patch attached).

> mega_256x_binutils_5.patch.txt
There should no longer be any need for patching binutils. It's already
commited to mainline cvs.

> mega_256x_gcc_5.patch.txt
Here also patch _6 is the newest.

Concerning the way, varargs are supposed to be used, I cannot answer your
question right now. In fact, I don't have any idea on how this is
implemented.
For your printf tests, did you use the pmem variant or the ram variant? It
might be that the register responsible for the high byte of the address
(RAMPZ ?) for lpm instructions does not contain the correct value.?

Unfortunately I am extremely busy right now, so that I cannot spend time on
testing.

Bjoern.