Re: [avr-libc-dev] Newbie: Help walking through the demos

From: Eric Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Newbie: Help walking through the demos
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:23:04 -0700

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
As Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

I'm not having success in seeing the demos in the installation
diretory after make install.

Me neither - `make install` in avr-libc-1.4.1 does not install the
examples here. I'll investigate this further tomorrow...

Sorry for that, that would be a bug.  I start getting an idea how that
happens...  I think I've put it into the generic install-local target,
but only inside a doc/ subdirectory, and nothing descends into these
directories at all in the --disable-doc case.  Too bad.  I wonder how
to handle that... ideally, I'd like to have the demos installed
regardless of whether the remaining docs are built or not.

Package maintainers, please manually copy over all *.[ch] files from
the examples area for the time being.  I don't have the energy anymore
to fix that tonight.  If someone feels reasonably comfortable with all
that automake stuff, patches are welcome. ;-)

One alternative, though it's a big change, is to remove the /examples subdirectory out of /doc and place it on the same level as /doc. That way make can be configured to traverse it even while --disable-doc.

--
Eric Weddington