Re: [avr-libc-dev] Newbie: Help walking through the demos

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Newbie: Help walking through the demos
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:45:17 +0100

As Eric Weddington wrote:

> Sorry, false alarm.

> It correctly builds the directories, but no files were copied into
> the directories. :-( So the workaround failed.

> Time to manually copy.

I fixed it the way which I think is the correct one.  Instead of
making the doc/ subdir conditional for --enable-doc, I made the
doc/api/ subdir conditional, and we always descend into doc/.  That
way, doc/examples/ will always be processed.

Note that even for --disable-doc, the --disable-versioned-doc option
would be required if you prefer the examples to go into
${prefix}/share/doc/avr-libc, as opposed to
${prefix}/share/doc/avr-libc-${version}.

If you can, please give it a try.  I've already merged it into the 1.4
branch.  If all goes well, I'll simply roll avr-libc-1.4.2 out of
that.

Sorry for the hassle, and all the best for the upcoming New Year!