Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] Please have a look at avr-libc pat

From: Bernard Fouche
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Re: [avr-libc-dev] Please have a look at avr-libc patch #3750
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 00:10:18 +0200

Joerg Wunsch wrote:

   . The get backend function can now return -2 to indicate an
     end-of-file condition, in addition to -1 for an error condition.
     This will affect the internal state that can be queried using
     the standard feof() and ferror() functions.
The documentation says "#define EOF (-1)" which is more
usual I think.

   . A new macro fdev_setup_stream() is provided to setup a
     user-supplied stream without the need to call fdevopen(), and
     thus without requiring malloc().  The API has been extended so
     malloc() can even be avoided in the floating-point case, using
     a user-supplied conversion buffer.
In the example code using fdev_setup_stream(), I would put the macro
call outside of a body function.

No code has been committed to CVS yet, I'm awaiting feedback first.  I

I would feel pretty happy with all that!

    Bernard