[avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Please have a look at avr-libc patch #

From: Russell Shaw
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: [avr-gcc-list] Please have a look at avr-libc patch #3750
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:39:50 +1000

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Patch URL:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3750

Almost unnoticed went that patch that has been contributed by Ted
Roth, at a time when he had already `retired' from the project.

My only concern about it is that it would constitute an API change for
the stdio API, so all users of the current API would have to change
their sources.  OTOH, we've always threated that API changes might
happen in the preamble of the stdio documentation:

http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__stdio.html

What do people think, is this an acceptable reason for an API change?

I'd rather adapt to a newer and better api than continue with old junk.