[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #12941] Table of Signal Names in "Interrupts and
Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bug #12941] Table of Signal Names in "Interrupts and Signals" is wrong/incomplete
Tue, 03 May 2005 23:26:54 +0200
Opera M2/7.54 (Win32, build 3929)
On Tue, 3 May 2005 Joerg Wunsch <address@hidden> wrote:
As anonymous wrote:
in table should be
Based on what source?
I don't think we ever followed the names given in the datasheet here,
historically, albeit I confess it might be a good idea to do so.
I'd appreciate if we could discuss that on the avr-libc developers
Here we go.
We used to generate the part descriptions for AVR-Ada by a Perl script
that read the corresponding avr-libc io files and generated Ada code. I
recently changed to Ted Roth's Python script and generate the Ada specs
directly from Atmel's XML "Partdescriptionfiles". As a result many
interrupts (and some pins) changed their names and I had to change my
application code accordingly. I considered this a good thing as the code
has (almost*) the same interrupt identifiers now as the data sheets. But
then AVR-Ada has practically no code base out there and I don't have to
care much about compatibility.
I would welcome if avr-libc accepted the interrupt names as given in data
sheets. One less source of confusion. For some time the old names should
still be supported as alias names.
* the interrupt short names in the XML files sometimes contain funny
characters that cannot be part of an identifier. I replace all of comma,
blank, or slash to underscores in the Python script. I don't know why
Atmel created interrupt names containing these characters in the first