cdk4avr: (was RE: [avr-libc-dev] Release?)

From: Craig Schlenter
Subject: cdk4avr: (was RE: [avr-libc-dev] Release?)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:36:25 +0200

Hi

[snip]
> [Eric Weddington]
> > And I'm not really sure about the Linux folks, as
> > regular RPMs don't seem to be built.
> [Joerg Wunsch]
> I don't have the slightest idea what it would take to build and ship
> Linux RPMs.  Supposedly, the infrastructure (package files and stuff)
> are already sitting in the tree (avr-libc.spec.in), aren't they?  I do
> have access to a Linux devel machine at work, so the phyiscal act of
> rolling an RPM and transferring it over to Savannah shouldn't be too
> hard if people think that would help anyone.

There is a project on sourceforge that tries to ship rpms for pretty
much everything related to avr including gcc, avr-libc etc.

http://cdk4avr.sourceforge.net/

I've cc'ed the maintainter. Not sure if he reads the avr-libc lists but
it would be nice to have one central place to grab up-to-date rpms for
all things avr and it would be even nicer if there was some correlation
between releases for winavr (in terms of tool versions and patches) and
the cdk4avr packages so that it would be easy to correlate bug reports etc.
for the different releases and establish a stable confirguration for users
who don't necessarily want to be on the gcc-3.4 cutting edge etc. The
home page claims it's a "leisure-time project" so outside help would
probably be most welcome to keep things up to date and polished/tested.

Thanks,

--Craig

Disclaimer

This email and any accompanying attachments may contain confidential and
proprietary information. This information is private and protected by law and,
accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to delete
this entire communication immediately and are notified that any disclosure,
copying or distribution of or taking any action based on this information is
prohibited.
Emails cannot be guaranteed to be secure or free of errors or viruses. The
sender does not accept any liability or responsibility for any interception,
corruption, destruction, loss, late arrival or incompleteness of or tampering
or interference with any of the information contained in this email or for its
incorrect delivery or non-delivery for whatsoever reason or for its effect on
any electronic device of the recipient.
If verification of this email or any attachment is required, please request a
hard-copy version.