Re: cdk4avr: (was RE: [avr-libc-dev] Release?)

From: Stephan Linz
Subject: Re: cdk4avr: (was RE: [avr-libc-dev] Release?)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:40:24 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2004 07:12 schrieb Joerg Wunsch:
> As Craig Schlenter wrote:
> > There is a project on sourceforge that tries to ship rpms for pretty
> > much everything related to avr including gcc, avr-libc etc.
> >
> > http://cdk4avr.sourceforge.net/

Hi Creg,

I'm reading the avr-libc-dev mailing list. Currently I'm working on non AVR
related projects, and so I have not found any time to maintain CDK4AVR,
sorry.

> > --snip--
>
> Sure.  If people are happy with cdk4avr, that would be fine.  My
> perception of this project so far was that it's providing a single
> full installation package (like WinAVR for Windows users), and no
> individual packages for each tool which some people might prefer.

Hm, CDK4AVR has no monolithic installation run. You can decide your self which
packages you need.

> I just had a look onto the download page.  There are indeed also
> individual packages (fine, no need for separate RPMs from our side),
> but avr-libc e. g. only ships with version 1.0.2, so I guess that
> project might really need a bit of help.

Yes, of course. Any external help would be appreciated. Just I'm working on
some new RPM releases (latest versions of binutils/gcc/avr-libc/...) and
think about an system independent installation process. There are many thinks
to do.... but CDK4AVR is a "leisure-time project" to me unless I get help.

> (Background information to Stephan: we intend to roll a 1.2.0 release
> hopefully still before Christmas, and the intention is that Eric
> follows up with a WinAVR release some time afterwards.)

Ah, fine. Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Stephan Linz